This time around, with COVID not only disrupting our day-to-day activities but also impacting every family in unimaginable ways, it is crucial for workplaces to initiate practices that support every team member.
At Aye, it has always been important to ensure that our employees know that they are valued and are taken care of. The current climate is no different.
Here some ways Aye Finance is ensuring we are able to support Ayetians across the country during these trying times:
1) Health Committee Initiatives – Our health committee has launched various initiatives to ensure our team is well-informed and well-equipped to deal with COVID at all times.
- Tutorials on COVID prevention, vaccination, and best practices are shared with employees over email and WhatsApp daily.
- Detailed SOPs have been provided to all branches, highlighting COVID appropriate behavior.
- A volunteer network has been established across regions, with localized resource tracking – updated daily.
- Appropriate reimbursement is provided to all field officers and vigilance officers for the purchase of COVID essentials such as masks, sanitizers, etc.
2) Free Vaccination for Ayetians – Aye has pledged to vaccinate its entire workforce free of cost, starting from April. The initiative will last as long as it takes to vaccinate all our employees. Our branches have begun the process, and those under the age of 45 have started getting the jab as and when the vaccine is available in their states.
As Sanjay Sharma, MD, Aye Finance says, “Our ‘Covid Apex Response Team’, which has representation from our 211 branches, will be providing support to our employees in registering on the government site as well as hand-holding them, extending the required logistics support offline to ensure the process is as effortless as possible for our employees,”.
3) Partnerships with Healthcare Providers – Aye has also partnered with relevant industries to give our employees access to important resources. Tie-ups with TATA Digital Health and Medi Buddy allow us to provide consultations online at a nominal fee, or even free of cost. Tele-consultations with doctors are available to all employees. An in-house doctor is also available for all employees, and it has been ensured that the doctor is accessible to the team in a variety of ways, from phone calls to emails.
4) COVID Insurance Policy – We have rolled out an insurance scheme in addition to the existing health insurance program offered at Aye. This assures employees extra cover during times of medical crises. Additionally, Aye is also giving out paid leaves for employees who are suffering from COVID-19.
5) Availability of Oxygen Cylinders – We have stocked each zone with oxygen concentrators, which are readily available to employees in need.
6) COVID Updates on Employee Portal – We have launched the COVID-19 Information Page on AyeYo, which houses information on resources useful in battling COVID-19.
Additionally, we are starting a Wellness and Yoga/Pranayama series, for COVID-19 recovery, and re-introducing counseling sessions in the organization.
To always be prepared to face challenges is what we strive for at Aye Finance. One thing is for certain, none of this would be possible without our team. Because of our ability to always support and empower each other, we are able to see these trying times through.
Bearing that in mind, we are proud to share that we were recently recognized by the HR Association, India at their HR Distinction Awards 2021 held on the 6th of May for our response to the COVID crisis. Aye Finance won the Platinum Award in the “Most Innovative Covid Response” category.
That said, we are learning every day, and trying our best. Aye Finance aims to support its employees in every way possible, and we hope we all come out of this challenging period soon. These are very difficult times and while we may not emerge unscathed, we will emerge stronger.
If you have any suggestions for us, please feel free to contact us here. Feedback is always welcome and we’re consistently looking to improve.